Lake Superior Wild & Scenic Photography Retreat
October 30 – November 3, 2019
Join award winning photographer Andrew McLachlan for an all inclusive, intensive, photography retreat on Lake Superior at Rock Island Lodge. Rock Island Lodge is situated on a seven-acre peninsula along the wild coast of Lake Superior. Capture the true essence of Lake Superior while we walk in the footsteps of the Group of Seven as we explore the stunning scenery of the region.
The Lake Superior Wild & Scenic Photography Retreat will provide participants with 3 full days and 2 half days of photography!
Often referred to as Canada’s inland sea, Lake Superior offers the most dramatic scenery available for landscape photography in Ontario. Being well-travelled along this coast I will ensure that you are in the right location at the right time, receive in-depth photographic instruction, and are inspired to capture breathtaking imagery. We will focus our efforts on landscape photography at sunrise and sunset, mid-day photography, as well as starry nightscapes (weather permitting). Mid-day photo sessions to specific locations will be based on the current weather conditions that each day provides. There will also be plenty of time set aside each day for image review and Photoshop image optimization instruction. The dates for this retreat were chosen as they coincide with the onset of Superior’s storm season, which often means rough seas and waves crashing into Lake Superior’s rugged coast.
The accommodations for participants during this retreat will be divided between two locations; Rock Island Lodge and the High Falls Motel & Cabins. Accommodation is limited at Rock Island Lodge; therefore, lodge rooms will be assigned to those that register first. Once the Rock Island Lodge maximum is met additional participants will be placed at the High Falls Motel & Cabins for their accommodations. The High Falls Motel is located about five minutes away from Rock Island Lodge.
•Check in at 2:00 p.m. at Rock Island Lodge
•Meet & Greet Sunset photo session at Rock Island Lodge
•Dinner at 7:00 p.m.
•night sky photo session (weather permitting)
Oct 31, Nov 1-2
• morning photo session
• free time / mid morning photo session
• image review / Photoshop instruction at Rock Island Lodge
• lunch (either on site or bagged lunch in the field)
• free time / early afternoon photo session
• late afternoon/sunset photo session
• image review / Photoshop instruction
• night sky photo session (weather permitting)
• On the evening of November 2nd we will have an image sharing / critique session of your favourite 5 images crated during this event.
• morning photo session
• participants depart for home at 12:00 p.m.
•In-depth photographic instruction during each of the photo sessions with LCD review
•Image review and Photoshop instruction
• Accommodation at Rock Island Lodge or off-site at High Falls Motel & Cabins
• Wednesday – dinner
• Thursday, Friday, & Saturday – breakfast, lunch, & dinner
• Sunday – breakfast
What’s Not Included:
• Transportation to and from Rock Island Lodge / High Falls Motel
• Transportation to nearby locations within Lake Superior Provincial Park or Wawa (car pooling of participants is encouraged here)
• Alcoholic Beverages
$1195.00 CDN plus taxes per person based on double occupancy
$1395.00 CDN plus taxes per person based on single occupancy
*All past workshop participants will receive a $50 discount*
A Waiver of Liability will be sent to registrants, which should be returned with payment of the non-refundable retainer. Closer to the date of this event participants will be asked to fill out the Rock Island Lodge Waiver and inform of any special dietary requirements.
The balance owing will be due no later than July 1, 2019.
To arrange payment or for further information please email Andrew McLachlan at [email protected]
61 days prior to the workshop date a full refund less the non-refundable retainer.
60 days prior to the workshop date or less no refunds.