One of the hardest things about the Pukaskwa Coastal hiking trail (besides the actual hiking) is the logistics involved with planning the trip. Thisertk 60-km trek is considered one of the toughest in the province and it is recommended that you take 5-7 days to complete one way of the linear trail.
Perks for going with a guide:
- They dehydrate and organize all of the food
- Sharing of group equipment
- They come equipped with safety gear like Sat Phone or SPOT messenger
- They cook your meals (and do dishes too)
- They organize the one-way boat shuttle to (or from the trail)
Adventurers Dave and Deb from The Planet D recently hiked this trail with Naturally Superior Adventures – you can read about their trip prep and planning here on their blog.