We are taking measures to minimize the impact we have on the environment. Here are a few things we do that may help you feel good about choosing us for your vacaction, wedding venue or corporate function.
- 1% of our revenue goes to supporting the Lake Superior Conservancy and Watershed Council.
- We use china flatware and stainless steel cutlery instead of disposable.
- We shop locally.
- We buy our supplies from Canadian Companies when ever we can (although probably not a green initiative, we think it makes for good business practice).
- We use treated well water not individually bottled water.
- We cut paper use by offering electronic information, communication and registration.
- We use environmentally friendly, non-toxic cleaning products.
- We use paper products with a high recycled content.
- We encourage our guests to re-use linens and towels.
- We wash our laundry in an energy-efficient front-end load machine using cold water.
- We have eliminated single-use products such as creamers, sugar packets, shampoos and soap.
- We recycle paper, plastic and metal products.
- We provide local, organic and vegetarian food and beverage options.
- We compost all organic matter from our kitchen.
- We bring reusable bins to the grocery store to avoid using plastic bags.
- We implement energy saving practices such as turning off lights when not in use, using low energy light bulbs & open windows in lieu of air conditioning.
We hope that in the future we can strive towards making our own energy and getting "off the grid".